Compedia partners with the Museum of the Bible in the US to create a unique multi-year high-school elective course on the narrative, history and impact of the Bible using the most advanced technologies, including Compedia’s AR+ Learning platform. This project is supported by the Green Collection, the Museum of the Bible and more than 80 scholars.
THE COMPEDIA LEARNING ENVIRONMENT
- Supports teacher-led, self-led and flipped classrooms
- Offers engaging virtual learning environments
- Personalizes and adapts learning experience
- Utilizes gamification features to engage students
- Incorporates collaborative and group learning
- Ties into the Bible museum and its traveling exhibits
- Enhances textbook pages with interactive content
- Creates personalized adaptive learning paths
- Access to supplemental and updated content
- Facilitates study habits using mobile devices
- Provides visibility into student engagement with content
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The Augmented Reality Curriculum (AR) app includes digital layers that correspond to the textbook pages. The app “recognizes” the page and displays the digital layers on the designated areas.
TRANSFORMING LIVING TEXT
- As the user looks at the image of the “Wave”, for example, the AR device will display a moving animation whereby the two dimensional text and static image are transformed.
- The picture of the wave becomes a video of a raging body of water.
- The text rises in 3D and becomes a vortex of words in virtual space.
- The vortex then comes together and forms a globe which then morphs into a 3D visual of planet Earth. The objective of this animation is to illustrate the connection between the written word and the creation of the world in Genesis 1.
TRANSFORMING 2D PICTURES INTO 3D MODELS
As the user looks at the image of the “Ancient Greek Scribe Statue”, for example, the AR device will display a 3D model of the statue with different close-ups and presets with layers of relevant written additional information. The goal is to make the characters come to life for the student, providing an interactive, personalized experience and increasing motivation for more successful learning.
THE COMPEDIA SOLUTION
Compedia has created an appealing and engaging learning curriculum that utilizes the latest technology and an easy to use structure that works with most major LMS systems (Learning Management Systems). The system is built for both traditional textbook-driven learning environments as well as supporting the latest in eLearning and mobile apps